Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thankful



Infidelity surrounds me this week. It’s in the daily chit-chat with my female coworker who took back her cheating man but struggles to forgive him and frequently reminds him of how much he has hurt her. It’s the sad eyes of my hairdresser who just severed her 16 year relationship with her man and explained to me how she is picking up the pieces of her life. It’s the depressed appearance of an employee’s wife who waits as her husband is terminated from being a very naughty man during work hours. So even though Hubs and I bicker from going on nearly a year without a date night, and even though I am pretty sure Bon Jovi’s ‘Livin on a Prayer’ was pre-written for us….today I am thankful. I am thankful to go home to my husband. We might be stressed out, we might be broke but we are rich in love, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment