Monday, June 17, 2013

Fathers...err...Family Day 2013

Who needs Mothers Day when you have Fathers Day!? The latter went much more smoothly…probably because I was in charge. *wink* Everyone was well fed with a homemade breakfast and with me in charge of all the morning chores everything was done correctly. My OCD was doing back flips as I made the beds nice and snug! We ended up, after visiting the final resting place of Hubs Dad, to make an impromptu day trip to a boutique style shopping little town, about an hour or two away from home. I was a little nervous since we did not have a stroller but lugging Baby Boy around wasn’t too bad and I rewarded myself with an extra piece of pizza at dinner since I burned…what…double the calories walking? That is what I told myself anyhow. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky and to me it didn’t matter if it was Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Childrens Day (wait…that is every day)….it was a great Family Day. I did have a twinge of sadness since Daughter spent the day with her “Father” and I learned that it was less than spectacular. The highlight was when he took her to McDonalds and bought himself and girlfriend a meal but Daughter had to pay for her own. (Imma let that sink in for a minute) Hubs was ever the stellar ‘step’ Father and made sure to pick her up a few presents due to her absence on the trip. I’m definitely banking that memory for the train wreck outings to know that one time…for one day…everything went so smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment