Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Preschool Graduation



Boy 1 had his preschool graduation today. It was emotional. When the music began to play and he walked in wearing a cap and gown my mind flashed to a skinny, colicky, big headed three month old baby whom I had to leave…all day….for eight plus hours a day. I cried. A lot. I felt like I was going to miss out on everything and I even recall a telephone conversation with Mom where I sobbed and asked if he would even know I was his Mother because I had to be absent so much on a daily basis. And there he was….tall, slim, with a mega watt smile on his face. He knew who I was. He didn’t hate me because I have to work. All the worries, the tears…gone. He is smart…the top of his class…social, caring and hungry to move on to Kindergarten for more knowledge. He did it. Hubs did it. I did it. We ALL did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment