Friday, June 28, 2013

Another Donut Friday...



The boys and I rolled pretty hard this morning after our weekly stop for ‘Donut Friday’. I had my 32 ounces of Diet Pepsi, Boy 1 had his 4th of July festive pastry and Baby Boy had nibbles of a cinnamon roll. The windows were down due to a much welcomed break in the heat and as we cruised to their school, I bumped a classic. Pete the Cat. We looked quite thuggish as our heads bobbed up and down…..”I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes”. Donut Fridays are the best. I tried my best to fight tears back as I looked at Boy 1 in the backseat jamming. We only have one month left…one month. Then, Hubs starts to take him in the mornings as he begins elementary school. He was the co-founder of Donut Fridays. He was my first baby that I had to leave at three months old and I was introduced to a world of guilt and sadness. So we created Donut Fridays as a celebratory end of the week event. To show that we made it through five days of being away from each other and tomorrow morning we would have the weekend to bond. I remember lugging him in as he was just a little over one when we began and now…it’s almost over. It hurts. I know I will still have Baby Boy to accompany me but it won’t be the same. So for now, I will enjoy each trip and try not to think about the approaching end to our special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment