Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Virtual Vacay

We arrived to hop our connecting flight from the Midwest to LAX and since the layover was so lengthy, Hubs and I decided to do some power shopping in sunny CA. We enjoyed several hours of shopping at the most exquisite boutiques, where everything fit me like a glove. We then boarded our flight to Tahiti, first class, and were welcomed with a flower lei. We settled in to our one night stay, comfortably, as we indulged in some adult spirits and long overdue conversation. In the morning after a long night of enjoying each others company, we boarded our final destination flight to Bora Bora. Once arrived we were carted off in a water taxi and the golden sun bathed my pale skin with a glow that warmed me inside and out. Hubs exited the taxi first, then turned for my hand as I smiled and put my hand in his to assist me on to the indescribable beach. We slowly walked to our private bungalow as he affectionately placed his fingers on the small of my back. This...is...the...life....I reflected......

Then the co-worker came back, the telephone rang, my Outlook reminder to complete a report popped up, an employee came in to tell me his life story and POOF I was back in reality. Maybe tomorrow I can return...or the next day...or the next day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment