Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The oldest boy’s basketball coach is not…oh how do you say it…well, he isn’t very good. He rarely hustles from one end of the court to the other to assist the children. He doesn’t encourage passing the ball, instead he favors ball hogging and yelling “SHOOT SHOOT!” even when the referee orders differently. Hubs and I figure it is good exercise and a chance to hang out with his friends but thought there was nothing to really be learned from this six week experience. That was until this weekend. Time after time when the kids scurried to grab a loose ball he would shout “SAME TEAM! SAME TEAM!” It echoed in my head and I thought that isn’t a bad thing for Hubs and I to learn. The fights over money…SAME TEAM! The arguments over who does more around the house…SAME TEAM! So that’s the new thing. Next time one of these arguments approaches the horizon I’m going all Coach Jenn and calling out “SAME TEAM”!

No comments:

Post a Comment