Tuesday, March 26, 2013

You are NOT the winner....

Hey, did you hear about the $2 million dollar Powerball winner in Iowa?! .......Well, it wasn't me so I went through my normal routine this morning. Wake up twenty minutes late, house is a disaster...no time to pick up, GET DRESSED BOY 1!, put on frumpy work pants with belt that is losing the pleather lining, no time for breakfast....will stop and drink soda for AM meal, STOP RUNNING AROUND NAKED BOY 1!, cuddle Baby Boy....discourage Daughter from wearing UGLY Nike Shox her 'Dad' bought her, GET SHOES ON BOY 1!, remote start car, BYE ALL, LOVE YOU!, get pissed off at heels....have Hubs throw flat shoes to me outside, whip heels at him (nicely, of course)............and off to face the school/work day. Now, I am not saying I would want the $200+ mil that NJ guy won but I would take a cool $2 mil. To top the morning off, I have apparently lost my soul. For two straight mornings my twenty minute drive to work has been snippets of songs that I scan for looking for a song to get me in the groove to go to work. Nada. Shania Twain, Outkast, Shanice (memba' her!?), Garth Brooks, Lil Jon, Toni Braxton...none of them did it for me this morning. I have heard of 'Soul' music....anyone know of some 'Souless' music I can tune in to? For now I will be left with the millions of thoughts that run through my mind, the sound of Baby Boy on his second day of crying and the popping of my Diet Pepsi. Shhh....maybe it is trying to guide me in the right direction for life.....nah. It's probably just the carbonation.

No comments:

Post a Comment