Tuesday, April 9, 2013

School Board...Schmool Board



WHY MUST I BE SUCH A COMPLICATED WOMAN!? I know it is a stereotype but I am fitting in to it pretty well these days. The school board meeting lasted quite late last night. Educators, parents, grandparents….they came out in droves to plea with the board to not close our birth-2 early learning center. Men, grown men, on the board were moved to tears but in a strange twist the two female board members sat stone-faced with a random buzz kill comment here and there. I left the meeting around 9:30, while they were still debating. They delayed the vote until Friday in an effort to save the program upon word from the State of Iowa on funds. The whole thing was exhausting. It has been quite a journey emotionally for me. I have openly shared my current ‘mini mid-life crisis’ with you through the past weeks. I have been in my current job for over eight years now. Boring HR same ol, same ol…this person quit, lets hire a new….this person needs a new uniform, get him a new one…..just blah. I just keep thinking this whole thing is a sign. For what? I don’t know….could I be one of those people who go back to college at 30 something? Does that make me a yuppie? Does that make me an irresponsible adult for quitting a job with benefits (crap pay) to pursue a dream? It seems pretty deep for 8 AM and I don’t even have chocolate to ponder it over with. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment