Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Thunderstorms and cereal addictions

Thunderstorms. I remember, 185 years ago, when I was single with no kids I loved them. They way they gently woke me up in the night as the room filled with light, rumbles of thunder and the dancing of rain on the windows. Now? It means Hubs up to rock Baby Boy, Boy 1 possessing over half of the king sized bed with his Gumby physique and Daughter biting her nails and mumbling three inches away from my face in an effort for sympathy and an invitation in to bed. As Hubs and I shuffled around the house this morning, resembling something out of a zombie movie, we looked aged and quite pathetic. So we broke out the non-fiber, kids cereal and ate to our hearts content. As he enjoyed Fruit Loops (which Baby Boy absolutely loves and I have figured out works as a bribe to enjoy dinner….ENJOY dinner….crazy concept) I broke out the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I cannot be trusted with these squares. You have heard of alcoholics, drug addicts….well, my name is Jenn and I am a CTCW (Cinnamon Toast Crunch Whore). I promised that I would only have one bowl but after seeing the amount of leftover milk I had, decided to eat another. Then I ran out of milk, so I had to add more cereal….you see the tangled web I get myself in to. And there I was feeling all dirty and hating myself from the massive amounts of CTC. Off to hang my head in shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment