Friday, April 19, 2013

Donut CHEERS



If I could tag each of you in this post that left kind words or liked my “I’m sorry” post last night….I would. I have always prided myself on being an organized, elegant, have-it-all-together Mom. Last night was rough for me. There I was….makeup half smeared off revealing my ruddy complexion and dark circles, dangling a 25 pound wiggly Baby Boy on my left hip, diaper bag unzipped dangling off my right arm, popping Fruit Loops in Baby Boy’s mouth to keep him happy and then there was the frantic speed walk through the school trying to locate Boy 1’s coat while I flopped one heel in front of the other on the verge of tears. So as the never-ending day came to a close I posted my thoughts, turned the phone off and went to sleep dreaming so deeply I almost felt guilty for smoking a cig in my dream. As I checked my page this morning I was overwhelmed by the support and stories of Moms just like me. So I thank you for confirming what I knew deep down that I am not the only Mom who goes through days like that. Still guilt hung over from last night I took the boys to the gas station for Donut Friday and purchased, for the first time in a long time, one for myself. I hold my donut up and salute all of you on this THANK GOODNESS IT’S FRIDAY! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment