Thursday, April 18, 2013

I'm sorry...

I'm sorry I was so rushed picking you kids up because traffic was a nightmare. I'm sorry I didn't pay better attention at Kindergarten Roundup because Baby Boy was extremely fussy and my mind wandered to the piles of laundry waiting for me at home. I'm sorry we didn't stay for pizza and a cookie like you wanted, Boy 1, because my arm went numb from carrying your brother and my heels were digging into me. I'm sorry I lost your coat, Boy 1,  and took three teachers, a janitor and twenty minutes to locate it. I'm sorry yall heard Mommy cry. I'm sorry your cough is driving me EFFIN INSANE, Daughter. I'm sorry I had to take five minutes alone to regain some sense of composure and put you in your crib, Baby Boy. I'm just sorry. I'm a sorry excuse for a Mom tonight. There isn't enough Cinnamon Toast Crunch, amaretto or Xanax in the world to take the guilt away. So I'll wait til everyone is asleep, say a silent prayer that tomorrow is better and you have your Super Mom back because today I seemed to have misplaced my cape.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I wrote you this long inspiring post about well who knows? I see shiny objects and then all is lost. But blogspot and wordpress don't like each other and my credentials can never be verified. (Which is funny, because I don't really have any credentials, other than I see unicorns and pee glitter. But that may just be imaginary... and hence the reason why my credentials can never be verified.)

    Give yourself a break.

    Go be awesome

    ReplyDelete