Friday, September 27, 2013

Mom Guilt



My #1 rule for myself every morning is to be on my best behavior with the kids. I always keep my temper in check and do everything with a smile. I never know what the world will bring them for the day, so I like to make sure they step out of the house in the best possible mood. Boss is pretty cool and gives me a thirty minute cushion to get here every morning which allows me to maneuver through daily hiccups. But today New Girl was arriving early and she does not know our arrangement so I wanted to arrive on time. Of course everything that could have gone wrong this morning…went wrong. I woke up late. Baby Boy refused to get his diaper changed AND spilled the container of Cheerios the entire length of the living room. Boy 1 was extra ornery and I was entirely too rough on him. Daughter called halfway to work and reminded me her book fair money was due today…..and it was in my purse. TURN THE CAR AROUND And Hubs….well he is on my PMS right now. (PMS= Pre menstrual shitlist) As I pulled in to work at precisely 7:30 I realized it wasn’t worth it. My manic state towards my kids…Hubs….myself…wasn’t worth it. Come Monday I am back to kids first…work second. So I’m hitting up the Goodwill at lunch today in search of a gently used toy or book for the kiddos. And will definitely visit the kids’ favorite drive-thru for dinner. This Mom Guilt is quite expensive……

No comments:

Post a Comment