Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Middle fingers are soooo not funny....so why was it?



When you become a parent they always try to give you advice to navigate tough situations. It usually has to do with feeding, diapering and discipline. They don't tell you how to deal with a naughty four year old and a terrible mother who laughs at inappropriate situations...internally of course.

This morning while getting baby boy ready on his changing table, Boy 1 came over to say good morning...entirely too close. I asked him nicely (it was 6am so my mean Mom radar was at a 1 on a scale of 1-10) to please give personal space, and smiled. Just then Boy 1 gives me the middle finger. You thought childbirth was tough....try not laughing to a four year old's middle finger staring right at you. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but for some reason it was. I held my own though. I was very stern and corrected the situation. I took husband aside and in private we had a chuckle though!

No comments:

Post a Comment