Thursday, January 24, 2013

Serving Size and Bruce Willis Eyes



Well…barnacles!  (I swear constantly in Spongbobish) I frequently roam the aisles of Walgreens at lunch to not only kill time but to test my willpower. Today, I decided I needed mascara. No biggie…buy one get one 50% off….done and done. Then I browsed the Valentines aisle daydreaming of the chocolate covered fortune cookies  that I would like Hubs to get me on V Day and pondering what Valentines the kids would pick out to give to their classmates in a few weeks. I decided that I could safely visit the neighboring aisle to pick out a single serving treat for my afternoon at work. Although, I passed the single serving candy area and went right to the large bags of goodies. I stood there analyzing the nutritional content knowing that I could not adhere to the posted serving size. As I dusted off my mathematical skills, I began to beat myself up mentally as my willpower faded. Why? Why can’t I just eat a single serving? Why can’t I figure out when to exercise so I can indulge without the guilt? Why did my body bounce back within six months of the first two children…now…not so much? I wanted a sign, any sign. A svelte, long haired vixen with sky high heels that clicked as she waltzed by *CLICK *CLICK as if expressing *TISK *TISK in disapproval would have done nicely. But, no. The sign came to me in the form of a 50-some year old man with light eyes, short brown hair and a wise smile. He walked up to me and uttered to me… “Life is too short, enjoy a treat! I ate two apple fritters last night…have at it!” He had Bruce Willis-esque lines around his eyes as he smiled and winked. So who and the hell was I to argue with an attractive older man telling me to pamper my needs? I bought them. Hell, I bought two flavors because I felt so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment