Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Injury Report 1.29.13

Boy 1 took quite a tumble last night. He thought it was a good idea to use a baby hamper as a step stool in his room. It collapsed and broke in two, sending him flying back on the wooden edge of his daybed. It looks horrible. I sobbed after the incident, I was not the strong mother I should have been. I had to tape together 2x2 mesh pads to make one huge bandage for his back. This morning before school I gave him Tylenol to help with the aches and pains that I knew would plague him today. My mind has visited him several times today as I wondered how his day was progressing. Wonder no more...I just received a call from the school nurse. I thought it was because he was achy. As the conversation progressed it clicked...they are mandatory reporters. What they must have thought when they saw it....I cannot imagine. I told them what had happened, as did Boy 1. The whole thing just turned my stomach. I wondered what the teachers may have seen throughout the years. I mean his back is bad....really bad. How could someone actually DO this to their child or any child for that matter? Boy 1 was in good spirits in the background and come to find out he never even complained about pain.....he was being a typical bad ass little boy, showing it off to his friends. That kid.....I should have known when we took him to urgent care when he was 1 for stitches.....he ages me like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment